Children’s Ministry Mission Statement & Vision:
Our Children’s Mission Statement:
At Westbrooke, we fully believe that God has fearfully and wonderfully made each and every child (Psalm 139:14) and that they are His workmanship (Eph. 2:10). Our goal is to partner with families to give our children a solid spiritual foundation, based on God’s Word. We are committed to equipping the next generation to know Christ and to be transformed by Him (Ps. 78:5-7).
Our Children’s Vision Statement:
We believe that children are a gift from God (Ps. 127:3); that Scripture assigns to parents the privilege and responsibility of disciplining their children (Duet. 6:4-9, Eph. 6:4); and that it is the church’s responsibility to equip parents to build a solid spiritual foundation in their children’s lives (Eph. 4:11-12). To accomplish these God-given tasks, we are committed to a children’s ministry in which:
– Parents are being equipped and encouraged to bring up their children in the “discipline and instruction of the Lord,” to actively participate in their spiritual growth, and to strengthen family bonds.
– Special assistance and resources are provided for all families regardless of make-up or spiritual maturity, and for all children, including those with special needs.
– Children are consistently being taught and encouraged to know and to serve Christ. Salvation and life-transformation is the goal!
– Children are being taught and encouraged to actively participate in ministry to other children and adults, as well as in service and outreach projects.
– Activities are designed to assist our children in discovering, developing and displaying their God-given gifts and talents.
At Westbrooke, we are excited about partnering with you in the spiritual development of your children. If you have any questions or if we can help in any way, please feel free to contact Children’s Ministry or any of the elders or pastors.
Liz Brockman, Children’s Ministry Administrator